JOB OBJECTIVE: Promega is looking for a research scientist with significant experience in amplification and genotyping to join our Genetic Identity team. Experience should include assay development and/or optimization and experience with a variety of instrumentation (e.g., including but not limited to real-time PCR , capillary electrophoresis, and NGS instrumentation). In this position you will participate in supporting current nucleic acid amplification and genotyping projects as well as developing new and innovative Promega products related to this technology.
1. Experience with a variety of instrumentation.
2. Extensive experience in amplification and genotyping.
3. Experience in Industry (preferred).
4. Primary author for contributions to internal technical literature, abstracts, patents or journal articles.
5. Contribute to preparation or evaluation of patents.
6. Communicate problems, ideas and suggestions to appropriate person or group.
7. Direct others on a designated project.
8. Independently develop project plans and manage project timelines.
9. Recognized as scientific expert in multiple areas of specialization and provide scientific leadership.
10. Ability to suggest novel and innovative approaches.
11. Work at bench.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years post graduate experience.
2. MS degree in a scientific discipline with 6+ years post graduate experience.
3. PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 0-3 years post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.