This position requires residence in Shanghai and the ability to work in Shanghai full-time. We are unable to sponsor visas of any kind for this position. No relocation package is provided. Salary will be based on local market situation in Shanghai. Actual job title and responsibility may depend on experience
Shanghai Promega Biological Products Ltd. is a wholly owned enterprise by Promega Corporation. It manufactures and provides products for use in the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. Shanghai Promega has established advanced production facilities and skilled technical staff to manufacture high quality products for the global market with strong support from the U.S. headquarters. Shanghai Promega is located in Caohejing Hi-Tech Park of Pujiang and is accredited for ISO9001 and ISO13485 quality system certification and acquired CE certification for full quality assurance on designing and manufacturing in vitro diagnostic medical devices per Directive 98/79/EC.
1. Responsibility for leading R&D projects in Shanghai Promega with a focus on the Molecular Diagnostics Market in China.
2. Support product application for regulatory approvals.
3. Help with troubleshooting problems during production and manufacturing.
1. Work with R&D leaders, marketing and other colleagues to evaluate product feasibility.
2. Lead R&D efforts to complete product development projects.
3. Establish technical specification, protocols and operation standards to ensure seamless transfer to manufacturing.
4. Provide suggestions and observations for process scale-up and improvement, facility and support systems standardization and improvement.
5. Identify appropriate treatment method for R&D and production waste regarding its disposal and compliance with local environmental and safety regulations.
6. Participate in other company activities as required.
1. Ph.D. degree in biology preferably genetics, molecular genetics or a discipline related to molecular diagnostics, is required.
2. Mandarin Chinese: spoken, reading and writing skills equivalent to master degree; English: fluent listening, reading, written, speaking is required.
3. Analytical and quantitative skills equivalent to a master degree; trend charting, graphical presentation, statistical analysis skills and spreadsheet design are required.
4. Excellent organization and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Ability to think in a rational, logical manner.
6. Competency in MS Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
7. Understanding or experience with an ERP systems is desirable.
8. Ability to lift a minimum of 30 kilos to waist level at 5 times consecutively; ability to move a minimum of 50 kilos a minimum of 25 meters is required.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.